Whether you’re making breakfast, lunch, dinner, or fixing yourself a quick mid-day snack, eggs are the perfect ingredient if you’re cooking for yourself. Eggs make a great meal - it’s perfect portion control! Eggs are also packed with protein to give you lasting energy, and vitamins and minerals that give your body the key nutrients that it needs.
These are a few of our favourite recipes for one:
- You can bake this Egg in a Potato Nest in the oven, or pop it in the microwave if you are short on time!
- You can prepare this Tuscan Poached Egg on focaccia or your favourite bread.
- This Caesar Egg Strata recipe is ready in minutes and can be a great way of using up a day-old baguette.
- Cheesy Broiled Eggs on Toast is the perfect breakfast. Add a fluffy green salad on the side and you have a great dinner!
- Including eggs in your salad is a great way to make it into a meal! Try this Pack and Go Salad to take to work and enjoy this hearty Niçoise Salad for dinner.
- Of course, if you’re cooking for one you can always make a scrambled egg. Or how about a quick and easy Open-Faced Egg Sandwich with Hummus and Avocado?
Or just take one soft-boiled egg and mash it with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste and eat it between two slices of bread. Voila!