- Prep Time:
- 3 min
- Cook Time:
- 3 min
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
Toast bread; place on baking sheet.
Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in small bowl.
Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
Pour in egg mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, just until eggs thicken but are still creamy and slightly undercooked. Spoon half of eggs onto each slice of toast. Sprinkle cheese over eggs.
Broil just until eggs set and cheese browns lightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
• Spread a thin layer of pesto or Dijon mustard over toast before topping with scrambled eggs.
• Layer shaved or sliced meat and/or cheese on toast before topping with eggs.
• Add a dash of hot sauce or chopped fresh herbs to eggs before cooking.
• Use another type of cheese such as Cheddar, Swiss or Monterey Jack instead of Parmesan.