Eggs on a Budget—5 Wallet-Friendly Egg Recipes
Saving on your grocery bill doesn’t have to mean skimping on flavour or nutrition in your meals. Cooking with seasonal ingredients is one way to keep the cost of food down. Eggs are always in season, and produced right here in Canada. Here are some delicious egg recipes your wallet (and taste buds) will make easy friends with:
- Spinach and Potato Frittata—Thirty-five minutes is all you need to cook up this easy frittata dish. It makes a great vegetarian option for any get-together, or cut it into smaller pieces and serve as an appetizer, warm or cold. Nobody will know how little it costs to whip up such a veggie rich dish.
- Egg Drop Soup—If you haven’t tried Egg Drop Soup before, it’s about to become your new favourite. Not only is it inexpensive and simple, but it’s also nutritious, with 8g of protein per serving. With just a few ingredients, this quick soup makes a fresh and quick lunch or dinner.
- Savoury Tuna Patties—These tuna patties are one of the tastiest ways to enjoy canned tuna. Flaked tuna is mixed with potatoes, eggs and Dijon mustard. Seasoned with fresh lemon, dill and chili flakes for kick. In just 20 minutes, enjoy these little patties served with tartar sauce as an as appetizer, or add a side salad and you’ve got lunch!
- Ham and Egg Quesadilla—Looking for a quick and delicious lunch on a budget? You’ll find it in this easy Ham and Egg Quesadilla. Scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, sweet pepper and green onion overflow from inside two flour tortillas. Just top with salsa and enjoy!
- Cheesy Broiled Eggs on Toast—Just as it sounds, these Cheesy Broiled Eggs on Toast are a no-frills, delicious, easy and budget-friendly, combination of everyday pantry items to create a quick meal, anytime!