Ham and Egg Quesadilla
A ham and egg quesadilla makes a quick and delicious lunch or dinner. In addition to creamy scrambled eggs and shredded cheese, fill with lots of fresh vegetables like tomato, sweet pepper and green onion. Top with salsa and enjoy!
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 6 min
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) chopped ham
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) diced red or green sweet pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) milk (1%)
- 2 large whole wheat flour tortillas
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) shredded low fat Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Salsa (optional)
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ham, sweet pepper and green onion; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
Whisk eggs and milk in medium bowl. Pour into skillet; stir gently until soft curds form. Spoon onto plate; keep warm.
Clean skillet; place a tortilla in skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle half of cheese over tortilla. Top with egg mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese over egg mixture. Place other tortilla on top; press down.
Cook until tortilla is lightly browned on bottom. Flip and cook other side.
Transfer to large plate; cut into eight wedges. Serve with salsa, if desired.