- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- 1 pkg (250 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 4 cups ( 1 L ) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) finely shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) diced red pepper
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) chopped green onion or fresh chives
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) chopped fresh basil or dill (or 2 tsp/10 mL dried basil or dill)
- 8 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) fat free mayonnaise
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) fat free sour cream
- 1/8 tsp ( 0.5 mL ) salt
- 1/8 tsp ( 0.5 mL ) pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Combine spinach, hash brown potatoes, carrots, red pepper, green onion and basil in large bowl. Stir in eggs, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper.
Spray 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan with cooking spray. Spread egg mixture in pan.
Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until knife inserted in centre comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
Serve warm or cold, as a breakfast frittata, a meatless main dish or a vegetable side dish. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.