- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 2 eggs, fried
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) mild taco sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) diced red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lime wedges (optional)
Heat olive oil in skillet set over medium heat; add taco sauce and bring to simmer. Gently stir in tortilla chips; simmer for about 3 minutes or until chips are tender.
Divide tortilla chip mixture between 2 plates. Top with tomatoes, fried eggs, cheese, red onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges (if using).
• Use unsalted or lightly salted corn tortilla chips for the best flavour.
• Garnish with pickled or fresh slices of jalapeño peppers for extra spice.