- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 can fava beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each ground cumin and paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 small pita breads, warmed
- 4 lemon wedges
Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook beans, 1 tomato, onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is slightly softened. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) water; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until beans are tender. Stir in lemon juice; mash lightly.
Divide beans among 4 plates. Top with parsley, remaining tomato and eggs; drizzle with remaining oil. Serve with pita and lemon wedges.
Make a batch the night before to reheat in the microwave for an easy morning breakfast.