- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- Canola oil, for shallow frying
- 8 small corn tortillas (5-inch/12 cm)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) prepared buffalo wing sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and pepper
Pour enough canola oil into skillet to come 1/2 inch (1 cm) up side; heat over medium-heat. Working in batches, fry tortillas for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crisp; transfer to paper towel–lined tray.
In small saucepan set over medium heat, combine chicken and buffalo sauce; bring to simmer. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through; stir in half of the green onions. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Working in batches, break eggs into skillet; cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes for sunny-side up, or until cooked as desired.
Top tostadas with chicken mixture, avocado slices and fried eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with remaining green onions.
• Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over top if desired.
• For easy preparation, use ready-made tostadas.