- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) kale, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Baharat blend
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- salt, to taste
Lemony Parsley Couscous
- 1 cup (250 mL) couscous
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) parsley, finely chopped
In a medium pot, add couscous and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes. Mix in lemon juice and lemon zest. Sprinkle on parsley to garnish. Set aside.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant. Add onions and stir fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown in colour. Stir in kale and cook until wilted. Remove mixture and set aside. Wipe down skillet with a paper towel.
Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium heat. Crack in eggs side-by-side and sprinkle with Baharat, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with lid and cook for 5-7 minutes. Just as the yolks set, add salt to taste. Cover and continue cooking until yolks reach desired doneness.
To serve, place couscous on a plate topped with kale mixture and egg on top.
- Baharat is a paprika based spice blend commonly used in Middle Eastern cooking with cinnamon and cumin. Baharat spice blend can easily be substituted by mixing together 1 tsp (5 mL) of paprika with 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) of garam masala.