- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) oil
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) cumin seeds or coriander seeds
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) frozen peas
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) curry powder or curry masala
- 2 medium potatoes, finely cubed and parboiled
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) red onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) chili flakes
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) garam masala
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) milk
- 8 oz ( 230 g ) 7 frozen puff pastry, thawed to room temperature
- all-purpose flour, for rolling
In a pot or pan, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds or coriander seeds and gently fry for 1 minute. Add peas and sprinkle in curry powder or curry masala. Add potatoes and salt to taste. Turn heat off and mix in red onion, cilantro, chili flakes and garam masala. Set aside for 10-15 minutes for mixture to cool.
Preheat oven to 425F.
Spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray. Whisk together eggs, milk and salt. Mix in potatoes and peas “samosa” mixture, coating with eggs.
On floured surface, roll out puff pastry to ¼" thickness and place over top casserole dish. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until puff pastry is golden brown in colour.
- For convenience, use 1 ½ cups (375 mL) frozen diced hashbrowns (cooked) or canned diced potatoes as a substitute for parboiled potatoes.