- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- 1 1/2 tbsp ( 25 mL ) olive oil
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) dried basil
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp ( 0.5 mL ) salt
- 1 1/2 cups ( 375 mL ) cubed eggplant (1/2-inch/1 cm cubes)
- 8 cremini or white mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch/1 cm cubes
- 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) crumbled feta cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, thyme, and salt until blended.
In a large bowl, combine eggplant with about 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil and vinegar mixture, tossing to coat. Spread eggplant on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
While eggplant is baking, in the same large bowl, combine mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes. Drizzle remaining oil and vinegar mixture over vegetables; toss to coat.
Remove eggplant from the oven; stir. Add vegetables, spreading out evenly on the baking sheet so they are in a single layer. Bake until vegetables are roasted, about 25 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
Near the end of the roasting time, poach eggs in simmering water until yolks are cooked as desired, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
Spoon vegetables onto two plates. Sprinkle feta cheese over top, then add poached eggs, pepper, and parsley, if using.
- If you prefer, omit the parchment paper and bake the vegetables on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil.
- Adjust the quantities of the veggies to your liking or vary the vegetables as desired (e.g. try sliced onions, chopped sweet peppers, and/or halved baby potatoes), keeping in mind some will require longer roasting times. Whole garlic cloves can be added too.
- Substitute grated Parmesan cheese for the feta cheese.