- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 25 min
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry quinoa or 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups (750 mL) arugula
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) cucumbers chopped
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- sprigs of dill for garnish
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tahini
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water (to thin dressing)
- salt to taste
- pepper, to taste
Cook quinoa. Rinse dry quinoa in a sieve before transferring to a saucepan. Add 2/3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover saucepan and reduce heat to low. Allow quinoa to simmer for 15 minutes, or until all water has absorbed. Turn off heat and steam with cover on for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
Hard-boil eggs by placing them in a small saucepan and covering with an inch of water. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain and run with cold water to cool. Peel and slice into quarters.
While ingredients cook, make lemon tahini dressing by blending all dressing ingredients in a food processor. Set aside.
Add arugula, cooked quinoa, chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and radishes to a bowl. Top with sliced hardboiled eggs and a few sprigs of dill. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to combine. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can simply chop the dill and whisk all ingredients by hand.
- If you’d like the dressing a little thinner, simply add an extra tablespoon or two of water.
- Feel free to experiment with other chopped raw veggies, leafy greens, or whole grains