- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 6 cups (1.5 L) prepared torn kale (bagged)
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked quinoa
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk or cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) salted butter
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh chives
In a large bowl, toss together kale, quinoa, tomatoes, red peppers, feta cheese, and avocado.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and Dijon. Season with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss until combined.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until transparent (about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add egg mixture and stir. Cook egg mixture, stirring gently, until set (about 3 minutes).
Divide salad between 4 bowls. Top with equal amounts of scrambled egg. Sprinkle with chives.
Portion any leftovers into reusable containers. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for a grab-and-go lunch the next day.