- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 60 min
- 3 1/4 cups (815 mL) all-purpose flour, sifted and divided
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups (440 mL) sour cream, at room temperature
- 4 cups (1 L) diced peeled ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peach jam
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups (1 L) vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour 10-inch (25 cm) Bundt pan. In bowl, whisk together 3 cups (750 mL) flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Using electric mixer, beat together granulated sugar and butter un-til light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, incorporating each one fully before next addition. Beat in vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in 2 parts and sour cream all at once, starting and ending with flour mixture. Scrape bowl as needed between additions.
Toss together peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; toss with remaining flour. Fold peach mixture into batter.
Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean. Let stand for 1 hour; turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
Whisk together icing sugar, sour cream, jam, and vanilla. Drizzle icing over cake; let set before slicing. Sprinkle with mint. Serve with scoop of ice cream. Wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days or wrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
• Alternatively, sprinkle cake with toasted pecans, almonds, or fresh raspberries.
• Substitute whipped cream for ice cream if desired.