- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 60 min
- 3 1/4 cups ( 815 mL ) all-purpose flour, sifted and divided
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) baking powder
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) baking soda
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) salt
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) granulated sugar
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) unsalted butter, softened
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups ( 440 mL ) sour cream, at room temperature
- 4 cups ( 1 L ) diced peeled ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups ( 375 mL ) icing sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) sour cream
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) peach jam
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 cups ( 1 L ) vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour 10-inch (25 cm) Bundt pan. In bowl, whisk together 3 cups (750 mL) flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
Using electric mixer, beat together granulated sugar and butter un-til light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, incorporating each one fully before next addition. Beat in vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in 2 parts and sour cream all at once, starting and ending with flour mixture. Scrape bowl as needed between additions.
Toss together peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; toss with remaining flour. Fold peach mixture into batter.
Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean. Let stand for 1 hour; turn out onto rack and let cool completely.
Whisk together icing sugar, sour cream, jam, and vanilla. Drizzle icing over cake; let set before slicing. Sprinkle with mint. Serve with scoop of ice cream. Wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days or wrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
• Alternatively, sprinkle cake with toasted pecans, almonds, or fresh raspberries.
• Substitute whipped cream for ice cream if desired.