- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and half of the salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium heat; cook mushrooms, garlic, pepper flakes, and remaining salt and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are golden and tender. Stir in spin-ach and butter; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Reduce heat to medium-low. As mixture begins to set, gently move spatula across bottom and side of skillet to form large, soft curds. Cook just until eggs are thickened and no visible egg liquid remains. Sprinkle with goat cheese and chives. Serve immediately.
• Add finely chopped fresh thyme, rosemary or sage to mushroom mixture if desired.
• Substitute feta, ricotta or Brie for goat cheese.
• Substitute baby kale or arugula for spinach.
• Add a medley of sliced mushrooms; cremini or white mushrooms, shiitake, oyster or portobello mushrooms all work well.