- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 large baked Russet or baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each paprika and dried oregano
Whisk eggs with 1 tbsp (15 mL) water, and half of the salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, stirring, until soft curds start to form, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Meanwhile, in separate large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté potatoes, onion, and green and red peppers until vegetables start to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in paprika, oregano, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook until potatoes are golden and heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve scrambled eggs with potato hash.
For added flavour, substitute smoked paprika for paprika.