- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time:
- 90 min
- 3 large corn cobs
- 2 chicken thighs
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 Spanish onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) vegetable oil
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) medium carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) turmeric powder
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tbsp ( 45 mL ) lightly salted soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) roasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the corn cobs in 12 cups (3 L) of boiling water for 7 minutes. Once cooked, carefully remove the corn kernels from the cobs and set them aside for later.
Bring the corn water to a boil once again. Add the chicken thighs, garlic cloves, thyme and corn rinds and let stand over low heat for 1 hour.
Strain the broth. Shred the chicken thighs and set them aside for later.
In a pan, sauté the chopped onions in butter and vegetable oil. When the onions become transparent, add the corn kernels and the carrots, and soften for 2 minutes.
Add the onions, corn kernels, carrots, shredded chicken, and turmeric to the broth and boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Slowly pour eggs in a thin stream into the broth, stirring gently.
Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.