Egg & Shrimp Fried Rice
Use leftover rice in this quick and satisfying dinner that will make the family think you ordered takeout.
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 4 green onions
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) canola oil, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) minced ginger
- ½ lb ( 0.3 kg ) medium shrimp (40/lb ct.)
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) finely chopped sweet red pepper
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) shredded carrot
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) cooked long grain brown rice
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) frozen peas
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) frozen corn
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) reduced sodium soy sauce
Chop green onions, keeping white and green sections separate. Heat half the oil in large wok set over high heat. Add eggs. Cook, stirring with a rubber spatula, for 2 minutes or until soft curds are formed; transfer to plate.
Heat remaining oil in wok. Add white section of onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add shrimp, red pepper and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp is almost completely pink and vegetables are softened.
Stir in rice, peas, corn and soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes or until well combined and heated through. Stir in eggs and green onion.
For a higher protein entrée use the same amount of cooked quinoa in place of rice.