- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 4 green onions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced ginger
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) medium shrimp (40/lb ct.)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrot
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked long grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) frozen corn
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
Chop green onions, keeping white and green sections separate. Heat half the oil in large wok set over high heat. Add eggs. Cook, stirring with a rubber spatula, for 2 minutes or until soft curds are formed; transfer to plate.
Heat remaining oil in wok. Add white section of onions, garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add shrimp, red pepper and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp is almost completely pink and vegetables are softened.
Stir in rice, peas, corn and soy sauce. Cook for 2 minutes or until well combined and heated through. Stir in eggs and green onion.
For a higher protein entrée use the same amount of cooked quinoa in place of rice.