- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 6 cups (1.5 L) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) quinoa
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
Pour broth into large saucepan set over high heat; bring to boil. Add quinoa and cook until barely tender, about 7 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk eggs with lemon juice until frothy. Ladle about 1 cup (250 mL) hot broth into egg mixture. Whisk mixture back into simmering saucepan.
Cook, stirring, until soup is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish each serving with parsley and Parmesan.
Tip: Substitute quinoa for orzo or rice.