Egg and Bacon Canapés
Dress up bacon and eggs by making these easy and elegant canapés. Have all the ingredients ready and simply assemble before company arrives.
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 slices whole wheat or white toast
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) chopped fresh herbs (such as dill, chives or tarragon) plus additional for garnish
- Dash hot sauce
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices cooked bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
Using egg slicer or sharp knife, slice hard boiled eggs, crosswise into ¼ inch (1 cm) slices.
Using 2 inch (5 cm) circle cookie or biscuit cutter, cut rounds out of toast to make 12 circles.
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise with Dijon mustard, herbs, hot sauce and pepper.
To assemble: Top toast with 1 egg slice, ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) dollop of mayonnaise, a piece of bacon and garnish with fresh herbs.