- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk (1%)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced orange pepper
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) chili powder (optional)
- 8 tostada shells
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded lettuce
Whisk eggs and milk in small bowl; set aside.
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add tomato, peppers and chili powder (if using); sauté until peppers are tender, about 5 minutes.
Pour egg mixture into skillet and cook, stirring gently, until eggs are just set, about 5 minutes.
Divide egg mixture equally over tostada shells. Top with cheese, salsa and shredded lettuce.
Tostada shells are sold in the grocery aisle with Mexican foods. If you cannot find tostada shells, use taco shells instead.