- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- 5 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) light or regular mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) pepper
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 2 curly lettuce leaves
- 8 burger buns or dinner rolls, mini, split
- 8 1-1/2 inch (4 cm) square slices light Cheddar cheese
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 dill pickle, sliced into coins
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pickle relish (optional)
Combine eggs, celery, mayonnaise and pepper in medium bowl and mix well.
Place small piece of lettuce on bottom half of each bun, then top with egg salad, dividing it equally between eight buns.
Top egg salad with slice of cheese, tomato and pickle. Cover with top half of bun to form a burger.
Serve with ketchup and relish, if desired.
Serve Egg Salad Sliders with carrot “fries”. Using a crinkle cutter or a knife, cut carrots into 2 x 1/4-inch (5 x 0.5 cm) "fries", set aside.