- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) ground turmeric, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 4 eggs
Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, cumin and half of the turmeric for about 10 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add tomatoes and half of the salt and pepper; cook for about 5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Divide tomato mixture among four 1/2-cup (125 mL) ramekins. Crack egg into each ramekin; sprinkle remaining turmeric, salt and pepper over top. Bake ramekins in prepared water bath for 20 to 25 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are still slightly runny.
Use saffron threads instead of turmeric, if available.