- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried dill)
- 1 small zucchini (about 6 inches/15 cm), grated
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) low fat cream cheese
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) diced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 soft crust whole wheat baguette
Whisk eggs and dill; set aside.
Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook for 3 minutes. Pour in egg mixture and immediately reduce heat to medium-low. As mixture begins to set, gently move spatula across bottom and sides of skillet to form large, soft curds. Cook until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 5 minutes.
Add cream cheese and stir until melted; remove skillet from heat. Stir in peppers and olives; let cool slightly.
Cut baguette in half lengthwise and pull out some of the bread leaving about a ½ inch (1 cm) edge. Spoon egg mixture into bottom of baguette; top with other half.
Slice into six pieces or wrap well with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one day before serving.
Substitute with fresh peppers if you do not have jarred roasted red peppers.
Use bread removed from baguette to make bread crumbs; freeze to use in another recipe.