- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) fresh spinach
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) low fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) dried basil
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) pepper
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) hot pepper sauce
- Salsa (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Line 12-cup muffin pan (2-¾ inch/7 cm) with paper baking cups or spray with cooking spray; set aside.
Stir together spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and Cheddar cheese in medium bowl.
Whisk eggs, parsley, basil, oregano, lemon pepper and hot pepper sauce in another bowl. Stir egg mixture into spinach mixture. Spoon about ⅓ cup (75 mL) mixture into each muffin cup.
Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until knife inserted in middle of frittata comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
Let stand for 5 minutes. Carefully run knife around edge of cups to loosen frittatas, if necessary. Serve warm with salsa, if desired.
For a different look, bake frittatas in scalloped tart pans (3-inch/8 cm) sprayed with vegetable spray before filling.
Cooked frittatas may be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for 1 month. They are excellent for a lunch bag, party snacks or hors-d’œuvres.