- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 tbsp ( 45 mL ) mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp ( 7.5 mL ) Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp ( 7.5 mL ) white miso
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) garlic powder
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) soy sauce
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) Sriracha
- Furikake seasoning, for garnish
- Bonito flakes, for garnish
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) black sesame seeds
- 4 sheets nori
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) packed bonito flakes
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) Maldon sea salt
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) shichimi togarashi, Japanese seven spice
Place sesame seeds, bonito flakes, nori, sugar, sea salt and togarashi in food processor. Pulse only until mixture is blended. Makes about ¾ cup. Store in tightly covered jar in cool, dry place up to 1 month.
Slice the boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolk and spoon it into a small bowl. Place the egg whites on a plate. Mash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, mustard, miso, lemon juice, garlic powder, soy sauce and Sriracha. Stir everything together.
Use a spoon to add a portion of the devilled egg mixture back into the hole of each egg white. Sprinkle furikake seasoning and bonito flakes for garnish.