- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 36 capers
- 12 walnut halves (optional)
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) egg salad (optional)
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) sweet and sour rice (optional)
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) spaghetti in tomato sauce (optional)
Use a toothpick, paring knife, straw or the small end of pastry tip to carve eyes, on one side of the egg white, at the wide end. Also carve a nose and mouth on the narrow end of the egg white.
Stuff the capers into the eyes and nose sockets so they are slightly below the surface and look sunken in.
Cut a small portion off the top of the egg to create a flat surface. Arrange a walnut half on top to resemble a brain. Or, instead of a walnut, spoon some egg salad, rice or spaghetti on top to be 'scrambled' brains.
Cut any vegetable to size to use in the eyes and nose, such as olives, pickles, green pepper, cucumber, grape tomato, etc.