- Prep Time:
- 25 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) flour
- Zest of one lime
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) water, iced
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) soy sauce
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) Sriracha sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 8 scallions
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) corn, grilled and shucked
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) canola or peanut oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cup ( 375 mL ) seasonal vegetables, thinly sliced (asparagus, corn, cucumber, radish, swiss chard, sweet pea)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup ( 75 mL ) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) roasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) kimchi (store bought or homemade)
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) pickled shallots, sliced
Cut the scallion in 4 lengthwise, then into one-inch pieces; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and lime zest. Add to this the ice cold water, soy sauce, sriracha sauce and beaten eggs, mix well. Add the scallion, corn and a generous pinch of salt, mix well.
Add oil to a pan on high heat. Drop tablespoonful of the mixture into the hot oil. Each pancake should be about 1” (2.5 cm) in diameter. Cook until golden and crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. With an offset spatula, set aside on absorbent paper and keep in a warm place until ready to serve. You may also reheat the pancakes once fried.
For the topping, mix all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
For serving, top the pancakes with the seasonal vegetables and kimchi mixture.