Savoury Potato & Chorizo Frittata
It’s easy to make, and can be easily adapted to use up ingredients that we usually have on hand in our kitchen.”
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups ( 375 mL ) chopped frozen hash browns
- 6 oz ( 175 g ) dry-cured chorizo sausage, casing removed and cubed
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) diced sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) dried rosemary
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) smoked or regular paprika
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) onion powder
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) garlic powder
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Pinch cayenne
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Heat oil in medium non-stick, oven-proof skillet or cast-iron skillet set over medium heat. Cook hash browns, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add sausage, red pepper, rosemary, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until sausage starts to brown. Spread evenly in skillet. Remove from heat.
In a bowl, whisk eggs until blended and pour evenly over sausage mixture. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Serve warm, cut into wedges.