Masala French Toast
Full of flavour, culinary expert, Vijaya Selvaraju’s Masala French Toast recipe is a savoury dish perfect for breakfast or lunch.
- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ tsp ( 4 mL ) kosher salt
- 6 slices of white bread
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 thai chillies, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp ( 45 mL ) ghee or substitute with 3 tbsp of unsalted butter
Place eggs in a bowl, and whisk with salt until well mixed.
In another bowl, mix together onion, chillies, tomato, and coriander.
Place a large frying pan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp (15 mL) of ghee (for two slices of bread).
Quickly dunk two slices of bread into egg mixture, coating both sides. Place in a frying pan, and top with chopped vegetables in one even layer. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
Garnish with additional chopped fresh coriander before serving.