- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) lime juice
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each salt and pepper (approx.)
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) butter
- 4 breakfast sausages, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) chili powder (optional)
Mash together avocado, lime juice and pinch each salt and pepper; set aside.
Whisk together eggs, ¼ cup (60 mL) water and ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook egg mixture, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed. Let cool completely.
Divide scrambled eggs among 4 microwave-safe food storage containers. Top with sausage, avocado mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle with chili powder (if using). Seal and refrigerate overnight or for up to 24 hours.
To serve, microwave on High for 1 minute or until heated through.
Instead of sausage, use bacon or ham, or black beans for a vegetarian option, if desired.