- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soft margarine
- Grated rind of 3 limes or 2 lemons
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) low-fat milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries or sliced strawberries
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In mixing bowl, beat together sugar, margarine and lime rind. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lime juice, then flour and milk.
In separate bowl, beat egg whites until still peaks form; fold into batter. Pour mixture into 9-inch (1.5 L) square baking dish. Place in larger pan; pour boiling water into outer pan to come about 1 inch (2.5 cm) up sides of pan.
Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until top is set and golden, about 40 minutes.
Spoon into serving dishes and top with berries. Serve warm or cold.
Reprinted by permission of the publisher, John Wiley & Sons Canada, Ltd., from Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay, by Anne Lindsay. Copyright © 2010 by Anne Lindsay and Associates Ltd.
For more healthy recipes, visit http://www.healthcheck.org.