- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 40 min
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups ( 500 mL ) cleaned and diced leeks
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz ( 90 g ) feta cheese, crumbled
Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until they are wilted, about 5-7 minutes, then reserve.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
On a lightly floured surface, or between two layers of plastic wrap or parchment paper, roll out the thawed puff pastry to a thickness of about ¼ inch (5 mm). Line a shallow 9” (23 cm) pie plate and press the pastry up the sides to make a nice edge.
Distribute leeks evenly across the bottom of the dish. Pour the cream mixture over leeks. Top the quiche with feta.
Bake 30 - 40 minutes until the center is firm and the crust and top are nicely browned.