- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ghee or butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cremini mushrooms, sliced (about 4-5 medium mushrooms)
- 2 cups (500 mL) spinach, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic paste
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt + extra to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) garam masala
- Pinch kashmiri mirch (or paprika), to garnish
In a large skillet, on medium heat melt ghee or butter. Add onions and cook for a couple of minutes until softened. Add mushrooms and spinach and cook for one minute.
Add garlic paste and mix in coriander, cumin, chili, turmeric and salt. Spread mushroom spinach mixture evenly in skillet.
Create four small indentations in the mushroom spinach mixture for each egg, spacing them apart evenly. Crack each egg, then add to each indentation. Add a pinch of salt to taste (and chopped green chili). Cover with lid and cook on medium heat until yolks are cooked to desired softness, approximately 10-12 minutes.
Garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro, garam masala and kashmiri mirch (or paprika).
Take care not to overcook the vegetables in Step 1.