- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 8 min
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped sweet green pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped smoked or maple-flavoured ham
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced Brie cheese (about 30 g)
- 2 whole wheat pita breads
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
- 4 large lettuce leaves
Whisk eggs in small bowl; set aside.
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and green pepper; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes.
Pour eggs into skillet. Add ham and cheese. As mixture begins to set, gently move spatula across bottom and side of skillet to form large, soft curds. Cook until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
Cut pitas in half. Carefully open pockets and spread 1 tsp (5 mL) mustard inside each half. Line with lettuce. Spoon scrambled egg mixture into each pita.
Instead of Brie, use goat cheese or a shredded hard cheese such as old Cheddar.
Pesto, relish or a favourite sandwich spread can be substituted for the mustard.