This is an easy pasta dinner recipe with little preparation and a quick cooking time. The creamy carbonara sauce, made from Parmesan, garlic, cream, eggs and mushrooms, is sure to be popular with the whole family.
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 1 pkg (375 g) fettuccine, uncooked
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) salt
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) pepper
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) vegetable oil
- ½ lb ( 0.3 kg ) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) light cream (5%)
Cook fettuccine in boiling water according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add cream; heat without boiling.
Drain pasta in colander, without rinsing. Return pasta to cooking pot immediately.
Add mushroom mixture and egg mixture. Toss until eggs thicken and coat fettuccine, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.