- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 4 bread slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Tostitos® Medium Salsa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled feta cheese
Using 3-inch (8 cm) round cutter, cut out circle from centre of each bread slice; reserve centres.
In large, nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; cook bread slices until lightly toasted, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and crack 1 egg into hole of each bread slice.
Season eggs with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness, approximately 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to plates.
Toast reserved bread pieces for 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Top eggs with salsa and feta cheese. Serve with toasted bread rounds.
• Substitute feta cheese with goat cheese.
• Try preparing this recipe with whole wheat, white or egg bread.