- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 5 min
- 8 eggs
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) butter
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) lime juice
- 4 large whole grain flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) prepared tomato salsa
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) shredded Cheddar cheese
Whisk eggs with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, stirring, until egg mixture starts to form soft curds, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Using potato masher, mash beans with lime juice. Arrange tortillas on clean work surface; spread mashed beans down along centre of each tortilla. Top evenly with salsa, scrambled eggs, cilantro and cheese. Fold up bottom of tortillas over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly.
If desired, add 1 tbsp (15 mL) guacamole to each burrito or some avocado slices.