- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 7 min
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) brown sugar
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 mini candy canes
- 2 eggs
- 7 tbsp (105 mL) soft butter
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) vanilla extract
In stand mixer or if using hand mixer, beat butter for 1 minute. Add egg and vanilla; beat for another 2 minutes.
Add in all dry ingredients except for candy canes. Beat until the dough starts to come together, for about 1 minute. Form into ball; knead once or twice until smooth.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour. While dough is resting, finely chop up your candy canes for later.
Roll dough by 1 tbsp into 20 balls.
Place, about 1-inch apart, on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Press a thumb mark in the middle of each ball about halfway down to form wells.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) until no longer shiny, about 6-8 minutes.
When cookies have just come out of the oven, sprinkle each thumbprint well with candy cane pieces. Let cool and enjoy.