- Prep Time:
- 40 min
- 3 kiwis
- 2 oranges
- 2 plums
- 4 fresh figs
- 1 small bunch of grapes
- 1 cantaloupe (or melon of choice)
- 1 persimmon
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup (250 mL) strawberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) blueberries
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half
- 6 soft-boiled eggs
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) bacon, cooked
- 6 breakfast sausages, cooked
- 12 mini quiches, cooked
- 12 mini croissants
- 6 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 cups (500 mL) scrambled eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) crispy hash browns
- Fresh mint leaves
Have all ingredients ready to assemble just before serving. Fruit should be washed and cut as desired. Eggs, bacon, sausages, quiches, and hash browns should be cooked and kept hot, and toast should be prepared just before plating.
Shortly before serving, start arranging food on a large serving board beginning with dark foods and moving to light foods to create depth and height. For example, begin with toast, croissants, sausages, bacon, and hash browns. Position a bowl on the board for the scrambled eggs.
Build layers of colour by adding larger pieces of fruit and berries. Add smaller berries and cut pieces of fruit.
Spoon scrambled eggs into the reserved bowl.
Garnish with mint. Place board in the centre of the table for serving.
- Adjust the ingredient list and quantities to suit the number of servings desired.
- If not everything initially fits on the serving board, refill as needed.