- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts
- 8 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) chili flakes (optional)
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked short grain rice
- 1/2 English cucumber, julienned
- 4 boiled eggs
In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the olive oil over medium heat. Cook garlic for 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until wilted (about 1 to 2 minutes), stirring occasionally; transfer to a plate. Add another 1 tsp (5 mL) of oil to the skillet and cook bean sprouts until tender-crisp (1 to 2 minutes). Repeat with remaining oil, mushrooms, red pepper and carrot, cooking each separately.
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili flakes (if using).
Place 1 cup (250 mL) of the cooked rice into each of 4 medium shallow bowlsor reuseable containers. Arrange sections of spinach, bean sprouts, mushrooms, red pepper, carrot, and cucumber around the edge of the bowl in a circle. Top each bowl with an egg cut in half. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture.
Serve with Kimchi and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Ingredients can be prepared ahead of time for a quick-to-assemble meal.
This recipe is easily cut in half. Plate into reusable containers, let cool, then cover and refrigerate for a grab-and-go lunch the next day.