- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- 3 egg yolks
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) lemon juice
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) salt
- 1/8 tsp ( 0.5 mL ) hot pepper sauce
Combine egg yolks, yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, Dijon mustard, salt and hot pepper sauce in top of double boiler. Cook over simmering water, whisking constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and foamy, 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes 1 cup (250 mL).
Serve Hollandaise sauce over eggs, fish, seafood or vegetables such as asparagus and broccoli.