- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 4 eggs
- 2 oz (60 g) sliced pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed and chopped, about 6 cups
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) halved red and yellow grape tomatoes
Place eggs in medium saucepan and cover with warm water. Set over high heat and bring to boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and place eggs under cold, running water until cool enough to handle; peel and set aside.
Meanwhile, set large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to paper towel-lined plate. Add shallots to the skillet. Cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in mustard, honey, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour in vinegar and water. Simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Add kale and tomatoes; toss to coat. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly wilted.
Divide kale evenly between plates. Cut each egg in half and place over kale. Scatter pancetta over each serving.
Compliment the earthiness of the kale by sautéing mushrooms with the pancetta.