- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 4 tsp (20 mL) capers, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- Strips of smoked salmon and/or dill sprigs (optional)
Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in medium bowl; set egg whites aside.
Mash yolks with fork; stir in salmon, mayonnaise, dill, capers, dijonnaise, lemon juice and pepper. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves. Garnish with smoked salmon and/or dill, if desired.
Serve immediately or store, covered, in refrigerator. Serve within two days.
Instead of smoked salmon, use drained canned salmon.