Mediterranean Crustless Quiche
Enjoy the flavours of the Mediterranean with this quick and easy crustless quiche. A great brunch or easy dinner, this quiche is filled with crumbled goat cheese, kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes and zucchini.
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 35 min
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) olive oil
- 3 cups ( 750 mL ) thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3.5 oz ( 90 g ) crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) halved pitted kalamata olives
- 3 tbsp ( 45 mL ) minced soft sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 eggs
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) milk (2%)
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) dried basil (or 1 tbsp/15 mL finely chopped fresh basil)
- 1/8 tsp ( 0.5 mL ) pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, onion and garlic; cook, stirring until golden brown and soft, about 6 minutes.
Transfer mixture to 9-inch (23 cm) quiche dish or pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle goat cheese, olives and sun-dried tomatoes over top.
Whisk eggs, milk, basil and pepper in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over zucchini mixture.
Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until set in centre, 35 to 40 minutes.