- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp ( 60 mL ) chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) curry leaves
- Red Thai chili to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp ( 7.5 mL ) sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp ( 25 mL ) sugar
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 8 prawns (extra jumbo)
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) corn starch
- Canola oil, for frying
Brown butter in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic, curry leaves, and Thai chili, and continue to stir until leaves have crisped up.
Add sea salt, sugar, evaporated milk, and egg yolks; cook until reduced to about half the volume.
While the sauce is reducing, whisk egg whites and corn starch together; drench prawns in mixture, deep fry at 375°F (190°C) for about 1 minute, or until golden brown and crispy.
Once prawns are fried, add them into the sauce and cook for about 1 minute just to coat them.