- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) curry leaves
- Red Thai chili to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 8 prawns (extra jumbo)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) corn starch
- Canola oil, for frying
Brown butter in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic, curry leaves, and Thai chili, and continue to stir until leaves have crisped up.
Add sea salt, sugar, evaporated milk, and egg yolks; cook until reduced to about half the volume.
While the sauce is reducing, whisk egg whites and corn starch together; drench prawns in mixture, deep fry at 375°F (190°C) for about 1 minute, or until golden brown and crispy.
Once prawns are fried, add them into the sauce and cook for about 1 minute just to coat them.