- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 3 min
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ( 0.5 mL ) sugar
- 6 tbsp ( 90 mL ) butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ tbsp ( 7.5 mL ) vinegar (optional)
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- 2 cooked 1 lb (450 g) lobsters, meat removed
- (about 6 oz/180 g meat)
Prepare hollandaise sauce: whisk egg yolks in small microwave-safe bowl. Add lemon juice and sugar; whisk to combine. Melt butter; add to yolk mixture while whisking constantly. Microwave on Medium-High (70% power) for 20 seconds; whisk mixture. Microwave for another 15 seconds; whisk again. Sauce will thicken and turn pale yellow. Cover to keep warm.
Bring 3 inches (8 cm) of cold water to boil. Add vinegar, if desired. Lower heat to reduce water to simmer. One at a time, break each egg into a small dish and gently slip egg into simmering water. Cook until yolks are done as desired, about 3 minutes for soft yolks.
Meanwhile, split English muffins and toast. Divide lobster meat over four English muffin halves.
Remove eggs from water with slotted spoon. Place on paper towel briefly to remove excess water. Set eggs on top of lobster. Spoon about 2 tbsp (30 mL) Hollandaise sauce over each egg.
- For poached eggs with a compact shape, use fresh eggs and poach in simmering, not boiling, water. Adding vinegar to the poaching water can help to keep the eggs compact.
- If overcooked, hollandaise sauce can curdle. If this happens, gradually whisk curdled sauce into 2 tsp (10 mL) hot water.