- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 2 poached eggs
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) linguine, cooked
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes (1 pint)
- 2 cups (500 mL) spinach
- 1/2 eggplant, cubed
- 2 cups (500 mL) marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine (optional)
In a nonstick sauté pan on medium heat, add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the eggplant and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until nicely browned.
Add in the garlic and the second teaspoon of olive oil and continue to cook for another minute.
Add the cherry tomatoes and allow them to start to brown. Then add the spinach to the pan and toss with the eggplant and tomatoes.
Once the spinach is wilted, add in the white wine (optional step) and then add in the marinara sauce and bring to a simmer.
Add in the cooked pasta and toss until fully coated in the sauce.
Distribute the pasta over two plates, garnish with fresh basil and parmesan and top with a poached egg.