Lemon and cheesecake are a match made in heaven—thank goodness we can enjoy this lemon cheesecake here on earth!
- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 65 min
- 22 vanilla wafers
- 1 pkg (250 g) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup ( 315 mL ) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 container (475 g) extra smooth light ricotta cheese
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) fat free sour cream
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) lemon juice
- 4 cups ( 1 L ) fresh berries and/or sliced peaches, mango, kiwi, etc.
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
Place vanilla wafers in bottom of 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan; set aside.
Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in flour and vanilla. Beat in eggs just until blended. Blend in ricotta cheese, sour cream, lemon rind and lemon juice. Gently spoon cheesecake batter over wafers.
Bake in preheated 325°F (160°C) oven until centre is set but slightly wobbly, 65 to 70 minutes. Remove from oven; turn oven off.
Run knife around inside of pan to loosen cheesecake from side. Return to oven. Let rest in oven for 1 hour with door slightly ajar. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
When ready to serve, remove from outer ring of pan. Serve slices topped with ⅓ cup (75 mL) fresh fruit.