Indian-Style Devilled Eggs Nested on Crunchy Sev
Creamy curried devilled eggs appetizer with garam masala, cilantro and red onion nested on crunchy sev.
- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled, cut in half lengthwise
- ⅔ cup ( 170 mL ) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ( 15 mL ) honey mustard
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) curry powder
- 3 tbsp ( 45 mL ) red onion, finely chopped + 2 tbsp. extra for garnish
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) salt (or to taste)
- 1 small green chili, finely chopped
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) cilantro, finely chopped, to garnish
- 1 1/2 cup ( 375 mL ) sev, to garnish
In a small bowl, remove egg yolks. With a fork, mash egg yolks and combine with mayonnaise, honey mustard, curry powder, red onion, salt and green chili.
Refill egg whites with yolk mixture. Garnish with red onion and cilantro.
On a plate or platter, layer sev and “nest eggs” on top for presentation. Option to garnish each egg with sev as well. Serve immediately or cover and store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Sev is an Indian snack of fried chickpea (and potato) crunchy noodles used as a topping on Indian appetizers. It is available in Indian grocery stores and major supermarkets.